Teatronika was born as a competition for a special type of play writers… those that write for robots only! The competition has seen the participation of hundreds of script-writers but only 4 made it to the stage.
On the 29th of November 2015, Teatronika premiered several theatrical pieces, with 4 Nao robots, including the winners of the Teatronika competition which ended last July at the Centro Cultural Contemporaneo de Barcelona. (photos by Miquel Taverna CCCB)
CCCB programme @ www.cccb.org/es/actividades/ficha/teatronika
The four Teatronika competition winners.
– La reincorporación, de Gerard Freixes. Voice: Àngel García-Cerdaña (1st prizeTeatronika)
– Paraísos artificiales, de Pedro Pablo Picazo. Voice: Elies Barberà i Arnau Martín (lectura dramatitzada; 2nd prize Teatronika)
– I+I, by David Pousada. Voice: Àngel García-Cerdaña (3rd prize Teatronika)
– Hole in the sand, by Hugo Álvarez (4th prize Teatronika)
In collaboration with the Master MUAD, UPF.
– Activismo Robótico, by Daniel Becerra
– Bot Story, by Claudio Marzà, Cristina Tévar, Jonay González, Sergi Armengol, Jesús C. González
– Self and Other, by Roc Parés and Martí Sánchez-Fibla
Concept and Realization: Martí Sánchez – Fibla
Under the direction of: Paul Verschure and Anna Mura
Stage Director: Beatriz Liebe
Voice and interpretation: Elies Barberà, Àngel García-Cerdaña i Arnau Martín
Nao Robots from UPF: Capri, Dani, Xavi i Leo
Music and sound: Enrique Canto, David Dalmazzo and Sytse Wierenga
Technical support: Alex Escuredo
Teatronika is a project of the research group SPECS, @DTIC -UPF, with Radio 3 and with the support of the Spanish Foundation for Science and technology FECYT.
SPECS’s work is supported by EU projects CSN II, EASEL and WYSIWYD